Welcome to: Newtown Village
Robbinsville Township formally took control of the 149-unit formally known as the Mercer Mobile Home Park on July 1, 2019.
Mayor Dave Fried officially renamed the property, which is a key component of Robbinsville affordable housing plan through 2025, "Newtown Village" in his May 19, 2020 State of Robbinsville Township Address.
What is now Allentown-Robbinsville Road (Route 526) opened in 1725 as a main route to Trenton. When Robbinsville-Edinburg Road opened in 1754 to Princeton, Newtown was settled around the Cross Keys Tavern. The post office at Newtown was renamed Robbinsville in 1844 after the Honorable George R. Robbins, a member of Congress. By 1833 travel was revolutionized thanks to the introduction of steam locomotive service, the “John Bull.” Both Windsor and Newtown benefited from twice daily freight, passenger and mail service.
In March, 2019 a state appeals court ruled that Robbinsville Township may exercise its eminent domain powers to take possession of the MMHP in furtherance of its court-approved affordable housing plan.