PSE&G and Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) urge its customers to always be cautious if they see downed lines. Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Do not approach or drive over a downed line and do not touch anything that it might be in contact with.
Customers should report downed wires or power outages immediately to Robbinsville Police and/or the utility companies.
JCP&L EMERGENCY NUMBERS:
1-888-LIGHTSS / 1-888-544-4877
PSE&G EMERGENCY NUMBER:
Other storm preparation tips:
- Charge your cell phones, tablets and other mobile devices. Consider investing in a external cell phone charger
- Fill your car’s fuel tank
- Ensure you have a battery-powered radio and a supply of fresh batteries
- Check your supply of flashlights, blankets, nonperishable food and bottled water
- Put your refrigerator and freezer at the coldest setting. Keep a blanket handy to throw over these appliances for added insulation. If electricity is interrupted, keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible
- Check on the elderly and pets
- Compile a list of emergency phone numbers, including PSE&G’s Customer Service line: 1-800-436-PSEG. Call this number to report power outages or downed wires.